Visit Longmont announced that the 2016 Tourism Grant recipients have been selected and ten area events received grants totaling $25,000.
The tourism grant program was established in 2008, shortly after the inception of Visit Longmont, following the passage of the Lodger’s tax. From 2008-2012, the program was administered by the Economic Development Department for the City of Longmont. However, in 2013, the City placed the process in the hands of Visit Longmont.
The program was established to provide assistance to Longmont area businesses and non-profit organizations to help defray marketing costs for events that bring people to Longmont. The guidelines stipulate that an event should attract visitors from outside a 50-mile radius of Longmont and reflect significant impact on tourism spending in Longmont. Nancy Rezac, Executive Director said, “Visit Longmont is excited to present these tourism grant awards to a variety of local organizations. The applications were extremely competitive this year, and the grant recipients selected are deserving of these awards.
For 2016, 19 entries were received, and ten of those entries were new applicants. Grants were awarded to 10 events, totaling $25,000. Events (Applicants) receiving funding are:
- Monthly Cheesemaking Culinary Tours (The Art of Cheese, LLC)**
- 6th Annual G’Knight Ride (Bicycle Longmont)
- Boulder County Fair, Livestock Show & Rodeo (Boulder County Fair)
- 46th Annual Rod Fest (ColoRODans)
- 15th Annual LaFiesta World Party (Intercambio)*
- Hops + Handrails (Left Hand Brewing Company)*
- LOCO Music Festival (Left Hand Brewing Company)**
- Nitrofest (Left Hand Brewing Company)*
- The Rocky Mountain STEAM Fest (Maker Bolder)**
- Destination Business Bootcamps (The Schallert Group, Inc.)
*First time receiving Visit Longmont Tourism Grant
**First year of event/program
Applications for the 2017 Tourism Grant program will be available in the fall. For more information, visit the website at visitlongmont.org or call 303.776.9011.