The Longmont Symphony Orchestra (LSO) has announced its 2017‐18 season, “New Frontiers.” It is the 51st season for the orchestra, and the organization’s first season with Elliot Moore as music director. On July 1, 2017, Moore succeeded Dr. Robert Olson, who retired after 34 years at the helm.
For the 2017‐18 season, Moore will conduct all rehearsals and performances: six subscription concerts at Vance Brand Civic Auditorium, a July 4th concert at Thompson Park, a holiday candlelight concert, two Nutcracker performances with the Boulder Ballet, a pair of children’s concerts for all St. Vrain Valley School District 5th graders and a chamber orchestra concert at Stewart Auditorium in the Longmont Museum.
“There is no question that the LSO’s 51st season will be filled with new frontiers. We’re thrilled to present music by two world‐renowned local composers being brought to Longmont audiences for the first time: the 2016 Pulitzer Prize finalist Carter Pann and Longmont‐based composer Michael Udow. We’ll also feature a diverse mix of classical, pops and family concerts for a season to be remembered for its compelling musical narratives,” said Music Director Elliot Moore.
The Symphony opens their 2017-18 season on Saturday, Oct. 7 with a concert entitled “New Frontiers with Old & New Friends.” Here is the remaining schedule for the Symphony’s 51st season:
- Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017 | The American Frontier: In Honor of Our Veterans | 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017 | The Nutcracker with Boulder Ballet | 4 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 3, 2017 | The Nutcracker with Boulder Ballet | 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 17 | Candlelight Concert with The Longmont Chorale Singers | 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018 | Family Matinee Concert | 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018 | A Longmont World Premiere | 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 7, 2018 | Tales from the Sea | 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 15, 2018 | Mozart & Beethoven | 4 p.m.
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 | Pops Concert: Divas Through the Decades | 7:30 p.m.
Six‐concert subscription packages are now on sale and can be ordered by phone through the Longmont Symphony Orchestra (LSO) office at (303) 772‐5796. Office hours are 10 a.m.‐4 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 9:30 a.m.‐3:30 p.m. on Fridays. The LSO Office is closed on Wednesdays. Series package buyers save 20% off single ticket prices ($20 per ticket). Single tickets for Main Series concerts are $25 for adults, $22 for seniors and active military, $5 for students age 12‐18 ($10 for the pops concert), and free for ages 11 and under. Single tickets are also currently available by phone and online at www.longmontsymphony.org.
For more information about the Longmont Symphony Orchestra, please click here or call (303) 772-5796.