Thompson Park is one of the three parks designed into the original Chicago-Colorado Colony town plat. The park is named after Elizabeth Rowell Thompson (1820-1899), a renowned philanthropist, temperance reformer and abolitionist who lived on the East Coast.
Covering an area of 4.2 Acres, the park has two picnic shelters equipped with picnic tables and grills. The southwestern shelter is nearest to playground and restrooms. The park has two shelters which may be reserved for a fee. An open turf area and mature trees and plantings provide cool sanctuary on hot summer days.
For more information or to reserve a shelter at this park, visit www.longmontcolorado.gov